Customers won’t be waiting until Christmas to buy gift cards. So you certainly shouldn’t be waiting any longer to sell them. You see, people buy gifts all year round. You know that. Birthdays, anniversaries, graduations and other celebrations are always bound to call upon people to buy gifts for their loved ones. And there is no easier gift to buy than a gift card. Now don’t go getting the wrong impression.
Don’t be put off by people who make the claim that gift cards are “impersonal” and “lazy”. For everyone who feels that way, there are ten others who believe that they are ideal – for both shoppers and recipients. For shoppers (and this is what you should care about the most), it makes the entire shopping experience easy. They don’t have to worry about finding the right size or colour. And they don’t have to worry about making returns either.
For recipients, a guarantee is given that they will be able purchase exactly what they want. They can pick out whatever they like, making the gift an automatic winner. So why wouldn’t you be taking advantage of this very popular gift choice? There are several reasons to sell gift cards at your store. In today’s blog, we’ll take a look at five of the biggest benefits that the selling of gift cards can bring to you.
1. New customers. When your gift cards are given out by your loyal customers to their family members and friends, they serve as recommendations to your store. They encourage others to pay you visits and not only spend the value of the cards, but potentially buy other items from your business. Obviously, this presents you with the opportunity to impress your new customers so that they too become regular visitors.
2. Increased sales. As mentioned, a gift card recipient is likely to spend more than the value of his or her gift card. This ensures that when you sell a gift card, you are actually bound to make more money from the actual purchase that is eventually made. As well, if someone chooses to return an item, you can place the value of the item on the card instead of giving cash back to ensure that the money is spent in your store.
3. Repeat business. Regular customers love gift cards that allow for prepaid balances to be placed on them. They make shopping that much easier. You may want to create loyalty programs for those that frequent your store. Provide them with added benefits simply by allowing them to use their gift cards. Keep in mind that they are prone to spend more than what is on their cards, so giving them a little extra now and again can pay off for you in the long run.
4. Happy customers. Making your customers happy should always be a top priority. After all, most consumers rate their customer experiences over actual products and services as the main reasons they stay loyal to certain brands. As mentioned earlier, when you offer gift cards to your customers, it makes their shopping experiences easier. Why wouldn’t you want to make things easier on your customers?
5. Easy management. Both getting your hands on and managing your new gift cards is easier than you may think. Simply call Canadian POS Corporation at 1-877-748-2884 to get more information and to order your company’s gift cards today. You’ll end up discovering that, by selling gift cards to your customers, you are giving the biggest gift to yourself. A constantly growing business is bound to keep you happy, is it not?