In our last blog, we began reviewing a list of reasons that customers love their credit cards. On the RBC website, it is noted that customers enjoy tracking their expenses, having their purchases protected, building credit histories, speeding through checkouts and booking travel. Having a credit card helps for all of this to happen. But are you accepting credit cards? When you do, you provide your customers with numerous benefits.
And there are many more than those just mentioned. In today’s blog, we’ll continue to take a look at that list. It’s important to remember that, as a business owner, your top priority is to satisfy your customers. That doesn’t just mean providing them with excellent products and services. It entails that you offer them payment options that allow for their shopping experiences to be that much more enjoyable. Let’s review five more reasons why your customers love their credit cards.
1. Earning points, miles or other rewards. This is often listed at the top of the list when it comes to reasons why people use credit cards. Many of our own clients admit to being credit card users themselves for this benefit alone. So consider the added value that you give your customers when you allow them to attain additional points or miles simply by making purchases at your store. Cash can’t do that!
2. Parking. In case you haven’t noticed, the days of the parking meter are gone. Sure, some of them still allow for you to deposit coins, but for the most part, they are mainly credit card based. This makes the process a lot more convenient for drivers. As the RBC website points out, “the ability to use your credit card cuts out the need to dig for change in your cup holder, and can help you get in and out of the garage faster.”
3. Shopping online. The Canadian POS Corporation Blog has often heralded online shopping as one of the top reasons that customers love using their credit cards. Does your business allow for its customers to do that? If not, you’re missing out on a huge revenue stream! Naturally, your acceptance of credit cards will be the first necessary step in allowing for your customers to buy from you online.
4. Renting a car. As RBC reveals, “if you want to rent a car but don’t have a credit card, things can get a little tricky. The problem is, rental companies may be hesitant to rent a car to someone with no credit card, since not having a credit card may be a red flag that you could be a credit risk. In addition, many credit cards include Auto Rental Collision/Loss Damage Insurance which could save you a few dollars when renting that car.”
5. Getting out of a bind. Customers love using credit cards because it helps them in situations that they didn’t expect to get themselves into. Things happen. And when the unexpected occurs, having a credit card is a great safety net. Everything from getting a flat tire to needing to replace your clothing are examples given by RBC to explain why having a credit card is a great help. Your customers will thank you for accepting them in their times of need.
If you are not yet accepting credit cards, give Canadian POS Corporation a call at 1-877-748-2884. We can have you set up with a brand new POS terminal within three days so that you can provide all of the benefits mentioned in our last two blogs to your customers. Even if you do accept credit cards and debit cards with another provider, we’d be happy to provide you with an upgrade. Give us a call today!