By today’s standards, the internet is nothing new. It’s commonplace. People have the ability to jump online within seconds each and every day using devices that fit in the palms of their hands. As a result, it should be nothing new to business owners to have a website. It’s widely known that most consumers prefer to do their browsing online. That way, they know exactly what they want and who they want it from before they visit physical stores.
Then again, there are many people who enjoy not having to go into physical stores at all. Online shopping is all the rage because it allows people to make purchases without having to leave the comfort of their homes. Naturally, this provides business owners with many amazing opportunities. Not only are they not limited to selling products to people who live within the areas where their stores are set up, online shopping allows them to sell products worldwide!
Here are five reasons that online shopping has captured the world:
1. It allows for pinpoint shopping. With the ability to browse within stores that are miles apart, shoppers can find exactly what they are looking for instead of settling on what they can physically find in stores. According to UK-based domain provider, Nominet, “shopping online offers a much easier way for customers to search for exactly what they want at the click of a button. The customer data gathered from online searches offers great insights into what customers want.”
2. It eliminates waiting in line. Is there anything worse than looking for a parking spot at a mall during the holiday shopping rush? Perhaps, waiting in long line ups once you’ve found your purchases is a contender for what most makes shopping annoying. Clearly, online shopping takes care of that problem. However, Nominet reminds you to “keep your checkout forms as brief as you can” when allowing your customers to make purchases from your website. This satisfies the most impatient of shoppers.
3. It allows for great flexibility. Another “annoying” part of traditional shopping is that it is only permitted between specific hours of the day. Nearly all stores have opening and closing times. So what happens when those hours are inconvenient? Online shopping gives consumers 24/7 access to the products and services that they want. “With your website available 24/7 it allows you to connect with customers whenever they want to spend money,” says Nominet.
4. It provides easy price comparisons. As mentioned, browsing online makes the entire shopping experience so much easier. “Consumers can easily compare prices and reviews online before making a purchase,” Nominet notes, “For this reason it’s important to make sure you’re targeting potential customers earlier in their buying cycle. 81% of people research their purchases online before committing to buy, so it’s important to provide all the information they need for comparisons up front.”
5. It allows for international shopping. We also mentioned the obvious benefit of allowing the entire world to make purchases from you. If you’re willing to ship to other countries, your website can provide you with an incredible new revenue stream. “An online store allows your customers the option to shop from further afield as they are not restricted by geographical location,” asserts Nominet.
Are you allowing your customers to make purchases directly from your website? At Canadian POS Corporation, we offer our clients the ability to accept and process all credit cards directly from their websites. That includes Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discovery. For more information about our E-commerce solution, please do not hesitate in giving us a call. We can be reached toll free at 1-877-748-2884!