Why should you accept credit cards at your place of business? The Canadian POS Corporation Blog has been answering this question for quite some time now. Our experience has proven to us that Canadian business owners truly benefit when they adopt a plastic-accepting policy. Those who once owned cash-only businesses “can’t imagine life without accepting credit and debit” today. At least, this is what they tell us.
We’re not surprised though. It’s a regular occurrence for a business owner to begin increasing sales once plastic acceptance becomes the norm. There are, however, still some merchants out there who are set in their ways. They’ve been accepting cash since their businesses began and figure that living by the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” policy works for them. But is there something broken about a cash-only business?
“They’re missing out,” responded one of our clients in a conversation about this topic recently, “I used to have to turn away my customers who wanted to use their credit cards. I figured if I’m going to keep losing business like this, it’s going to really hurt my business in the long run. When I started working with you guys, things changed, and I couldn’t be happier.” Here are five reasons you should change things as well.
1. Increased sales. If we’ve said it once, we’ve said it a hundred times – you’re going to increase your sales when you accept credit cards at your store. Being plastic-friendly enables you to not have to turn away your customers anymore. The word will spread, believe us. New customers will be coming through your doors on a regular basis once they find out that they can pay with plastic instead of cash.
2. Enhanced security. Not only are you alleviating stress for your customers by allowing them a payment option that secures their purchases, but your plastic-friendly ways will guarantee you payment a lot quicker than if you were to accept cheques. As well, with less cash exchanging hands, you won’t have to worry about fraudulent and counterfeit bills as much. No more bounced cheques or bogus bills – how great is that?
3. Convenience. Another benefit from the “if we’ve said it once” column, you provide a great convenience to your customers when you allow them to use their credit cards to buy your goods. It’s also quite convenient for you too. All customers have to do is punch in a few numbers. You don’t have to count exact change or even worry about counting up your earnings at the end of the day. Your payment provider does all of that for you.
4. Greater prestige. Want to look better in the eyes of the public? If so, show them that you’re not running an outdated operation. Credit and debit cards are payment options of choice among many young shoppers. Accepting them shows that you are with the times and not a “small time” establishment. It earns you greater prestige to have the Visa, MasterCard and Interac logos on display at your place of business.
5. Holiday heaven. Before you know it, the holiday season will be here. Needless to say, shopping is about to see a huge boost. It should go without saying that you will want to take advantage of that. So why not begin accepting credit and debit cards today? Contact Canadian POS Corporation to either begin accepting plastic or upgrade from your current payment provider today!
Call us at 1-877-748-2884.