People love shopping online. And not just in Canada. Consumers from all over the world flock to the internet to make purchases. It’s become a much easier way to shop considering that it doesn’t even require you to leave your house! Do you allow your customers to buy from you online? The UK-based A Great Place To Be blog outlines a number of reasons why online shopping is so popular. Let’s check them out.
1. They can search for exactly what they want. When shoppers go online to shop, it makes the entire browsing process a whole lot simpler. Imagine being able to punch in the name of a product or brand into the air while you’re shopping at a physical location. It’s just easier to do that on a computer or smart phone, isn’t it? People look for what they want, find it and buy it. Online shopping makes searching for what you want so much easier.
2. No crowds or queues. Maybe the most obvious benefit to online shopping is the fact that it allows people to avoid long lines and crowds. When you allow your customers to shop online, you’re providing them with quite the convenience. They are also able to avoid having to look for parking and then making the sometimes-embarrassing “where’s my car?” search once the shopping excursion is done.
3. Shopping convenience. When consumers are able to shop online, they don’t have to worry about store hours. The activity is literally a 24/7 affair. The A Great Place To Be blog also points out that “social media and e-newsletters make it possible to target relevant communication to your customers around the times when they’re most likely to buy – paydays, lunchtimes, after work, after the morning school run for example.”
4. It is easy to compare prices and reviews. People don’t just go online to shop. They go online to make comparisons between the various places that they can potentially buy from. Going from one physical store to the next can be a tiring process. Jumping from one brand to the next via the internet is easy and painless. Give your customers an incentive to jump towards your brand online!
5. They can shop further afield. You know that the A Great Place To Be blog is British when it uses the word “afield”. For our Canadian readers, our friends from the UK are simply letting us know that online shopping allows you to make purchases from much further away. In other words, the internet allows Canadians to buy from stores in the United States and…well, the UK! Basically, you can shop anywhere in the world.
As you can imagine, most online shopping requires the use of a credit card. When your store accepts credit cards, it opens itself up to a whole new world of possibilities. Literally! Allow for people from all over the world to shop at your store. Accept credit cards, set up your website to allow for purchases to be made and you’re introducing yourself to an entirely new revenue stream.
If you’re not yet accepting credit cards, allowing your customers to shop online is going to be tricky. Canadian POS Corporation can help you. We provide top-notch POS terminals and offer the most affordable rates in our industry. Even if you already accept credit cards with another provider, we can set you up with an upgrade in an little as three days. Simply call us at 1-877-748-2884 today!