There are so many benefits to accepting credit cards and debit cards at your place of business. But this is a fact that most Canadian business owners are already well aware of. In today’s business world, it’s important to meet the growing needs of customers. And offering payment options is definitely how to address one of those needs. However, in today’s day and age, it goes a lot further than just providing the option.
As convenient as plastic acceptance makes things for shoppers, the type of terminal you use to do so can make things that much more worthwhile. Our blog has often detailed the many reasons as to why wireless terminals have become all the rage. They make things that much easier for both customers and business owners alike. This is especially true in restaurants where payments can be made right at the table.
It’s a win-win situation when you use wireless terminals to take payments from your customers. It’s as easy as having an internet connection. And who doesn’t these days? At Canadian POS Corporation, we offer the Ingenico iWL220B. It’s the absolutely perfect terminal for bringing the point of sale experience directly to customers. Here are five reasons why using wireless terminals will be beneficial for your business.
1. They are easy to both set up and use. As mentioned, all you need is an internet connection to get started with using wireless terminals at your place of business. With an established connection, all a customer needs to do is insert his or her card into the terminal, punch in a PIN code for security and within seconds a receipt is printed. Credit card approval happens very quickly and your customer will barely have to move a muscle to make the purchase!
2. They are portable. Perhaps, the most obvious benefit of wireless terminals is that they go wherever you or your sales staff members go. They are generally smaller than traditional terminals and therefore, lightweight and easy to walk around with. When you are on the go, you never have to worry about missing out on sales. Your wireless terminals can travel with you making payment processing a breeze. Food delivery businesses especially love this fact!
3. They provide faster connectivity. Traditional credit card terminals tend to take longer to process transactions. This is especially true for those that are still using dial-up internet connections. If they are connected through an old-school landline phone, they can be incredibly slow. No customer likes having to wait around any longer than is usually necessary. Wireless terminals take care of long wait times. Wi-fi internet really helps to speed things up!
4. They save you money. Different types of transactions present different types of fees. Often, credit card companies look at the ways in which a customer’s credit card information was obtained to determine the fees. Was the transaction entered manually or was the card inserted or swiped? Was the cardholder present for the payment or was it made via the phone or internet? Wireless terminals allow for safe “card present” transactions that generally carry very low fees.
5. They are easily accessible. As mentioned, Canadian POS Corporation proudly makes Ingenico iWL220B wireless terminals available to its customers. We’re also proud to say that we offer our customers the most affordable rates in our industry. Give us a call today at 1-877-748-2884 to learn more about our wireless terminals. There are many benefits that await your company when you go wireless!