Here’s hoping that you’ve been enjoying your busiest holiday season yet! Of course, this time of year every year is generally the busiest for those in the retail business. If you’re selling your products online, this is especially true. Canadians love shopping. But in recent years, they have proven that they really love shopping online. Do you allow your customers to make purchases from your company website?
If not, it is definitely time to look further into Canadian POS Corporation’s Ecommerce solutions. You don’t even have to take our word for it. Just consider some of the statistics that have been unveiled by Ryan Pinkham on ConstantContact.com. He provides a long list of stats that he insists every small business owner needs to see. And the information revealed about online shopping is very telling. Here are five stats that prove the internet’s promotional power.
1. Cyber Monday online sales jumped 30 percent in 2012, over 2011. Pinkham credits IBM with this stat that strengthens our point of view on allowing customers to make purchases online. Cyber Monday, which follows Black Friday every year, is the biggest online shopping day of the year. With such a large jump taking place between 2011 and 2012, can you venture a guess as to how big it has become in 2014 and how big it will be in 2015?
2. 65 percent of consumers plan to browse online and then go into a store to buy. The internet has become everyone’s new flyers and magazines. When people want information fast, they go online. It’s just that simple. Pinkham credits Accenture with this statistic, which proves that even when your customers plan on visiting your store personally, they are bound to visit your company website first.
3. Email is the top holiday marketing channel for 55 percent of brands. It seems as if the majority of company owners realize that if they aren’t marketing their brands online, they aren’t truly doing themselves any favours. Pinkham credits Experian with this finding, which proves that business owners of all types should be taking advantage of this FREE online way to market their businesses.
4. 67 percent of consumers have purchased a gift they saw on social media. In case you weren’t yet convinced that a company’s online presence needs to be strong, Pinkham reveals this Crowdtap statistic which proves the power of the Facebooks and Twitters of the world. Social networking is commonly regarded as today’s top way to spread messages and keep in touch. Your social media profiles should be hard at work promoting your business.
5. Twitter is tops. Well, we can’t say for sure which social media platform is most influential. But Pinkham notes that a survey conducted by Twitter found the following: “64 percent of respondents said they have bought a product because of something they saw on Twitter; 57 percent of respondents use Twitter to determine which stores to visit (and) 30 percent of Twitter users begin thinking — and tweeting — about holiday shopping before October.”
Is there any doubt that the internet is today’s most powerful promotional tool? If you haven’t yet taken advantage of people’s love for online shopping, the time to do so is now. Why hesitate another second? Call Canadian POS Corporation today at 1-877-748-2884 to learn more about our Ecommerce solutions. Don’t let another holiday season pass you by without taking advantage of this growing trend.