As we pointed out in our last blog, there are numerous ways to rev up business during the holidays. With just over a week left in November, you know that the holiday shopping season is really about to pick up. There’s still time for you to implement some smart marketing strategies that will encourage more customers to come into your store. In today’s blog, we’ll round out our list of ideas.
Here are six sound strategies for a super holiday shopping season:
1. Ramp up your social networking. It’s no secret that people all over the world use social media on a daily basis. Especially since it’s free to use, there’s really no reason to not promote your holiday specials via social media. “Leverage social media to dial into your customers’ lives on Twitter and Facebook,” suggests Nate Gilmore on SkipMcGrath.com, “By using Twitter, for example, you can monitor customer feedback and provide responses in real time.”
2. Offer free gift wrapping. During this time of year, people aren’t just looking for bargains. They’re looking to have things made easy for them. After all, they’ll be spending more money in the coming weeks than at any other time of year. If you can save them any time or money, they’ll be happy to do business with you. “Let your clients know they can come by anytime for a couple weeks and you\’ll wrap a gift for them,” suggests Chuck Blakeman on Inc.com.
3. Spruce up your website. If you’re not using your website to promote your company’s holiday specials, you’re missing out on a huge opportunity to generate sales. “Spend some time search-optimizing your best sellers with promotional free shipping offers and price testing,” says Gilmore, “Knowing your traffic and conversion will provide insight into what works on your site and what doesn’t.”
4. Include a “surprise” in the packages you ship to your customers. “Insert some love; win repeat business,” says Blakeman, “Be creative with your marketing package insert collateral in every shipment. Upon opening a package, your customers will be thrilled to receive both the products they ordered and a promotion such as discount codes for repeat customers and announcements on new features, products and services.”
5. Offer free shipping. As we pointed out in our last blog, Canadians love to shop online. If you’re looking for a way to boost sales via your website, offering free shipping just might be the way to go. “Your shipping options should scream ‘fast and free’ to attract buyers,” states Gilmore, “Shipping options are a strong conversion tool. Learn to use them without breaking the bank. Consider using a free shipping promotion or upgraded shipping with larger purchases, and house a few best sellers overseas to offer international buyers local shipping costs.”
6. Sell gift cards. In case you haven’t noticed, gift cards are among the most popular gifts that people buy during the end-of-year holiday season. They make for the perfect purchases for those who aren’t quite sure what their loved ones want, but know what stores they may enjoy shopping at. They’re also excellent go-to gifts for last minute shoppers. One thing is for sure – you’ll increase sales when you make gift cards available!
To order gift cards to sell in your store this holiday season, contact Canadian POS Corporation. You can call us at 1-877-748-2884 or email us at info@localhost.