How much do you love accepting credit cards at your business? If you’re a Canadian business owner who offers customers the ability to pay with their credit cards, then you’re likely reaping the many benefits that come with plastic acceptance. One of the top reasons that allowing shoppers this payment option is so beneficial is because using credit cards is so beneficial to customers!
There are so many reasons for consumers to use their credit cards instead of cash to pay for their purchases. On Wisebread.com, Nora Dunn lists several of them. An admitted “credit card junkie”, she dispels the notion that credit cards are “evil”. On the contrary, credit cards provide consumers with a number of perks that make using them so much more beneficial than paying for items with cash. Here are six top benefits.
1. It builds up a great credit rating. One of the top reasons to use a credit card, the building of credit tops Dunn’s list. “By charging and paying off up to thousands of dollars in expenses each month, I have built up a rock-solid credit rating — the best one possible,” she writes, “So whenever I have sauntered into the bank for a loan, I have been accepted right away, and at the lowest possible interest rates, with no security deposits required.”
2. It\’s quick and easy. Gone are the days when fumbling for change or worrying about having enough cash on your person is necessary. Dunn points out how quick and easy it is to use a credit card at the cash register. “Swiping a card these days is often as quick as (if not faster than) paying with cash and counting out coins,” she notes. This fact provides merchants with quicker checkout times leading to increased customer satisfaction.
3. It\’s great for accounting and spending reports. Credit card usage has often been heralded as a great way to keep tabs on spending. “Since I don\’t dole out cash, or make purchases on my debit card (and I rarely use cheques), all my monthly spending is nicely bundled into one report — my monthly credit card statement,” explains Dunn, “Not only that but my current credit card of choice actually categorizes my spending for me, so at a glance I can see how I\’ve spent my pennies for the month and year-to-date.”
4. Automated billing is great. Credit cards make life easy far beyond the shopping experience. There are several things that credit cards can be used to pay for that make getting through life’s expenses a breeze. As Dunn points out, “cell phone bills, utilities, cable, you name it. If I can sign up for automatic billing, I do. It doesn\’t mean I don\’t look at each carrier\’s statement to ensure the charge is correct. But it does mean that on a monthly basis I don\’t have to worry about paying any bills (other than my credit card!) – they\’re already paid.”
5. Almost everybody takes Visa. Credit cards are widely accepted. Visa especially. So people tend to enjoy walking with their cards knowing that they will generally not be out of luck when it comes to having to make purchases in emergency situations. As Dunn explains, “from the coffee shop to the grocery store to online spending to travelling, to…well…everywhere. I have various credit cards, but I find that Visa is most widely accepted worldwide.”
6. Frequent flyer miles. Rewards points are often listed as a number one reason to use credit cards to make purchases. They simply allow for customers to get more for their money. “Since I started to charge all expenses to my credit cards, I have collected and redeemed miles for everything from fancy dinners to sports gear, to multiple flights all around the world,” explains Dunn.
To begin accepting credit cards today, call Canadian POS Corporation at 1-877-748-2884!