VirtualMerchant Mobile – Built on Experience You Can Trust
A mobile solution from an experienced, full-service payments provider.
Now you can accept payments without boundaries and add incremental value
with mobile POS acceptance, while leveraging all the benefits of First
Data’s leading payment gateway, including extensive reporting and the
flexibility to adapt your payment solution as your business grows.
First Data’s mobile payments is a secure, complete payment solution that
transforms mobile devices into terminals, allowing you to accept payments
quickly and securely anywhere, any time without a major investment of money
or effort. Our secure mobile solution is a natural extension of our full
service offerings that builds on over 20 years of industry experience by
providing flexible, secure and scalable payment solutions to businesses of
VirtualMerchant Mobile is an innovative offering for businesses of any size that want more than just a mobile payment solution from their payment providers.
Benefits at a Glance
- Works with multiple mobile devices to provide freedom of choice regardless of wireless provider
- Supports anytime-anywhere processing for mobile environments including card-present and card-notpresent
- Accommodates an unlimited number of mobile devices to support businesses of any size
Simple and Secure
First Data’s mobile payments leverages a secure, hosted environment with
quick upgrades and end to end connectivity while eliminating the cost and
complexities of a third-party provider. Plus, First Data is focused, stable
and trusted in the marketplace and is backed by 20 years experience in the
industry allowing us to support our mobile solution with five key elements:
- Security – In addition to encrypting card data at the time of swipe through Magtek iDynamo and BulleT card readers, all payment information is immediately sent to and stored in Elavon’s secure, hosted environment to ensure security of cardholder data and to provide added protection for you and your customers.
- Connectivity – Works with an array of mobile device types, regardless of carrier, to ensure freedom of choice. A selection of flexible card readers support card-swiped transactions through all supported mobile products.
- Flexibility – Supports anytime-anywhere processing for mobile environments including card-swiped or key-entered transactions and is scalable to support an unlimited number of mobile devices for businesses of all sizes.
- Visibility – Delivers more than just a mobile solution, but also provides the full service, trusted reporting and apabilities of our secure hosted payment gateway, which includes detailed records of reporting for up to 12 months of transaction activity.
- Simplicity – It’s efficient and cost effective, allowing you to utilize existing hardware, technical infrastructures and communications providers to enable mobile commerce and accept most card payments.
With VirtualMerchant Mobile you can utilize existing hardware, technical infrastructures and communications providers to enable mobile commerce and accept most card payments. It supports Sale and Authorization Only transactions and works with Smartphone devices including most Apple® and Google® Android mobile devices. Quick and easy set up and configuration process includes downloading the VirtualMerchant Mobile App from the relevant App Store and entering account configuration credentials which are provided by Elavon.
Once your Smartphone is configured, you can accept key-entered transactions. Swiped transactions can be accepted with the addition of a card reader. Elavon supports multiple readers for multiple form factors.
MagTek Card Readers for Swiped Transactions
Supported devices: Apple iPhone 3G & 3GS, Apple iPhone 4 & 4S, Apple iPad 1 & 2, Apple iPod Touch
All mobile devices operating on Google Android version 2.2 or higher
- Protects your business and your customers’ data with advanced encryption technology, security features and fraud detection resources
- Complies with the Payment Card Industry’s Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) for the transmission, processing and storage of credit card data
- Supports card security codes to confirm each buyer has physical possession of a card when conducting a transaction
- Supports Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode fraud protection plugins that protect your business from losses due to chargebacks
- Blocks orders from fraudsters and hackers attempting to harm your business so that you can ensure that only valid orders are being processed
- Cardholder Information Management and Billing (CIMB) feature allows you to securely build and maintain a “card on file” database of returning or frequent customers card information. CIMB provides “tokens” representing card information that can subsequently be used to initiate transactions and maintain your customers payment details, all without having to store sensitive cardholder information in your systems or on your premises.